New Delhi: The government on Monday announced the name of the Punjab Regiment contingent as the best marching contingent among the three services and the Central Reserve Police Firce among the central armed police forces and auxiliary forces in the 74th Republic Day parade, held on January 26 on the Kartavaya Path in the national capital.
In the tableau category, Uttarakhand’s Manaskhand has been adjudged as the winner while Maharashtra’s sade Tin Shaktipithe & Nari Shakti and Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya Deepotsav were awarded second and third positions, respectively.
The results have been announced by a panel of judges and other through an online public vote conducted by MyGov.
Three panels of judges were appointed for assessing the performance of the marching contingents from three services, CAPF/other auxiliary forces and tableaux from various states/Union territories and ministries/departments.
On the basis of the assessment of the panels, the results are as under:
- Best tableau (ministries/departments) – Tribal affairs ministry for Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs).
- Special prize – Central Public Works Department biodiversity conservation and the “Vande Bharatam” dance group.
In addition to the panel of judges, a web page was created on MyGov platform for online registration of citizens for watching the Republic Day parade and Beating Retreat ceremony 2023 online.
An online poll was conducted by MyGov for the citizens to vote for their favourite tableaux from states/UTs and ministries/departments as also amongst the marching contingents to select the best amongst popular choice category.
The online poll for the popular choice was conducted between January 25 and January 28, 2023 on the MyGov website.
The results are:
- Best marching contingent among the three services – Indian Air Force marching contingent.
- Best marching contingent among CAPFs/other auxiliary forces – CRPF marching contingent.
Best three tableaux (States/UTs):
- First – Gujarat (Clean-Green energy efficient Gujarat).
- Second – Uttar Pradesh (Ayodhya Deepotsava)
- Third – Maharashtra (Sade tin Shaktipeeth and Nari Shakti).
Best tableau (central ministries/departments):
- CAPF (Union home ministry).