New Delhi: In the wake of ongoing border row in Eastern Ladakh, India and China on Friday again held talks at Major General-level to end the impasse.
This was the fifth meeting between the two Major Generals to end the standoff. The meeting lasted for over four hours, sources said.
Last time, they had met on Wednesday.
In Delhi, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh reviewed Ladakh situation with Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat and services chiefs, sources said.
Earlier this week, the two sides began what Indian officials described as a “limited military disengagement” at three hotspots along the LAC – Galwan Valley, Patrolling Point 15 and Hot Springs.
The limited disengagement happened after a meeting between Lieutenant General Harinder Singh, commander of Leh-based 14 Corps, and Major General Liu Lin, commander of the People’s Liberation Army, in the South Xinjiang region last Saturday.
The Chinese build-up began immediately after clashes between border troops in Ladakh and Sikkim on May 5-6 and May 9, and predated the June 6 meeting between Lieutenant General Singh and his Chinese counterpart at Moldo on the Chinese side of the LAC.
India and China are continuing diplomatic and military engagements for an “early resolution” of the stand-off between border troops, the external affairs ministry said on Thursday.
More military talks are planned in the coming days to ease border tensions.